Are you in need of uninstalling Avira Antivir? Several days ago, one of my friends brought her laptop and asked me to help her remove Avira Antiviru. She said she uninstalled it through Control Panel Add/ Remove Programs but an error message popped up and stopped its uninstalling. Luckily, it only took me no more than 10 minutes to completely remove Avira. If you have the same problem and don’t know what to do, follow my steps below.
Remove Avira Antivir Personal with Its Own Uninstall Feature
- Exit the program by right clicking its icon on the Taskbar or open Task Manager with Ctrl+Alt+Delete to end its process.
- Click Start menu and find Avira folder
- Click “Uninstall Avira” and remove it
But I also got the error message saying its uninstall.exe is corrupted and can’t remove the program. Actually I don’t know how to edit system registry, so I found a smart uninstaller named Perfect Uninstaller to finish the task.
Why Use Perfect Uninstaller?
- Unique “Force Uninstall” feature can forcibly uninstall hidden and corrupted programs that Control Panel can’t
- Fully scan out and remove all components of a program
- Easy of use and friendly user interface
- Easily Backup & Restore registry
So Perfect Uninstaller is qualified to remove Avira Antivir and other programs, including Internet Explorer or even Microsoft Office.
Force Uninstall Avira Antivir
- Restart the computer and press F8 Key into Safe Mode
- Run Perfect Uninstaller
- Click Force Uninstall tab and locate its path
- Follow the Uninstall Wizard and uninstall it.