1. Boost Your Blog Buzz
There are reportedly more than 346 million people worldwide who read blogs (ComScore). But just having a blog does not guarantee people are reading it.
- Register your blog with popular directories
- Have your newest blog posts appear on your LinkedIn Profile and Facebook status with links back to the blog
- Read top blogs in your industry, and then post comments with helpful information and links back to your own blog or Web site.
2. Social Media
Social media can be a great way to get the word out about your company or product. It helps to create exposure and interest from the community.
- Did you know Facebook has more than 200 million users? Facebook allows you to create free fan pages about your business.
- LinkedIn is a professional network that includes allowing companies to create profiles.
- Manage your social networking presence and engage in consistent participation with your connections. Nutshell Mail is a service that brings users a summary of their social network updates to their inbox in a single email delivered to them on their schedule.
3. Monitor Your Cyberspace Presence
We have all heard of “Google-ing” someone or something… Keep an active eye on what is posted on the Internet about you and your business. Assume that your clients and prospects are in the know about what iss out there.
Searching your name on Google and Twitter can tell you several important things:
- What people are saying about your business
- Whether your work is being used without your permission
- Whether someone else is using your personal or business name
If your reputation is in trouble and you are finding negative or false information, you may need professional assistance to fix the problem. Evaluate if you need legal representation or public relations and press release solutions.
4. Be consistent with your online message and branding
Coordinate and integrate marketing communications tools within your business. By doing this, the business’s brand message will be consistent in all possibilities.
- Integrating communications helps eliminate confusion from the consumer and builds brand strength.
- All advertising media selections, creative designs, and public relations efforts should strive to match the message, media, and audience, so the right person sees and/or hears the advertisement or marketing piece and can recognize the business and its brand consistency.
5. Apply Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to your Web site
SEO is a great way to increase your online revenue stream. SEO allows you to:
- Develop and arrange your site’s content and navigation to be fully optimized
- Drive more traffic to your Web site
- Maximize your Internet exposure
6. Enhance your site’s viewership with Pay-per-click (PPC) marketing
Before implementing your PPC campaign, research traffic patterns for keywords as well as the bid prices for those terms so you can effectively plan and budget your campaign.
- Track your best performing ads to determine what is leading to the highest volume of traffic to your Web site bringing revenue to your business.
- PPC can be an incredibly cost effective tool if properly managed. Consider hiring an expert to manage the campaign, design optimized landing pages for your ads, and track metrics.
7. Stay in front of your customers with Email Marketing Campaigns
Your businesses Email marketing campaigns should be representative of the brand and image of your company.
- Email campaigns allow you to stay in front of your prospects and clients.
- Email marketing solutions create an interactive experience with your customers.
8. Market on the Web
There are a many powerful free online tools that can serve to market your business on the Web. Here are a few to consider:
- Slide share – share presentations
- You Tube – share videos
- flickr – share pictures
- Delicious -share Web pages
- Amazon.com – share your opinion
Tag your presentations and embed them on your blog or Web site
Consider filming and uploading your presentations. Post videos of you interviewing industry experts or feature client reviews of your business.
It’s a great way to showcase your portfolio or share photos of your presentations.
Social book marking service that allows you to save all your bookmarks online, then share them with other people.
When you read a book in your field, review it on Amazon.
9. Increase your media exposure with electronic press releases and industry related articles
PR allows you to maximize your exposure in your business’s targeted markets. It also allows you to boost your Internet search rankings.
Also, find out what stories reporters and editors are working on by using links like:
- Peter Shankman’s Help a Reporter Out (HARO)
10. Be an Industry Expert
Answer questions you have knowledge in on sites like Yahoo Answers or LinkedIn Answers. Both rank extremely high with search engines and will increase traffic to your Web site.
Copyright 2010 ALR Marketing Solutions, LLC. All rights reserved.