If you are doing these stupid search engine web marketing mistakes, then it may be one of the reasons why you are broke and frustrated trying to leave this business! You must do an EDUCATED web search engine optimization all the time. Period!
I am really excited… I just got my business website in the first page of Google above 11,600,000 pages!! Yes… that’s ELEVEN MILLION PAGES! Now I want to share my experience with anyone who is interested on this.
Here is my personal checklist of SEO mistakes to avoid. If you stay away from this errors, you will get more exposure in the Search Engines (engine optimization search seo):
1. Not Doing First A Keyword Research.- Is best to start with a keyword research, because this is how you will attract most of your prospects.
2. Optimizing For A Broad Keyword Instead A Long Tail Keyword.- I highly suggest to make long tail keywords instead broad keywords; long tail keywords are more specific to your prospect’s needs and have less competition. For example: A very competitive broad keyword is “Home Business”, but a long tail keyword may be “The Best Easy Home Business Idea”
3. Not Having A Keyword In Your Domain Name.- Many potential customers are looking for your PRODUCT and not for your COMPANY. That’s why you need to have a domain name with your target keyword included. For example, if your targeted broad keyword for your business is about “tires”, your domain name should be “http://www.tires.com” (that keyword may not be available anymore), so we need to look for a long tail keyword like “http://www.michelinusedtires.com”, then it will rank higher in search engines.
4. Not Including Your Keyword In The Title.- The search engines will give your page a better ranking if you are including your keywords into the Title.
5. Not Including Your Keyword In The Description.- If our targeted keywords are into the description of the page (you can include the same name of the page title, like “3 top engine optimization search seo tips“), again the chances of ranking the website in search engines increases.
6. Not Including Your Keyword In Page File Names.- The page file name should contain your keyword(s), because it is a great incentive for the search engines to rank your page higher. For example: domain.com / yourkeyword1 / yourkeyword2
7. Not Including Keywords In Alt Image Tags.- All images should be optimized as well, as search engine robots cannot read images, but they read the alt tag for the image. So use your keywords within the Alt Image tags.
8. Not using Anchor Text Optimization.- When other sites or pages link to you, make sure the text of their link includes your keyword phrase. This is especially useful if your site contains many pages, because it doesn’t matter if those links are coming from the same website of your page… capice? 😉
9. Forgetting About Fresh Content.- Robots love fresh content, so you want to update your website frequently with relevant content. This will attract the search spiders and help you escalate more in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).
10. Not Doing Web Directory and Article Directory Submissions.- Enhance your search engine web marketing with one way links from Directory Submissions and Article Submissions. Over time this will be of assistance to create many incoming one way links and finally make your web site achieve higher rankings in the search engines. The three principal Web Directories where I’m submitting any new web page I create are Google, Yahoo and Bing (formerly Live.com)
11. Not Using Site Maps.- After you create a SiteMap, you should submit it to the above directories (at least) as soon as you create it, with this, you will have indexed your pages faster and accurately.
12. Not Having RSS.- A RSS Feed is extremely useful if you have a page that is getting updated very often. This tool will tell other sites about your new information (sending content to other sites is known on the internet as “syndication”). After you update (or create) a page, I recommend also to ping it on pingomatic.com
13. Google Local.- This service from Google has been influencing more and more search engines. Submit your business at http://www.google.com/local/add… and you know what? It doesn’t matter if you are a home business based.
14. Not Linking From Your Social Sites.- You should have in your social media accounts (like Twitter, Facebook, etc.), links directing to your website. Also, in your bio description every time you talk about your company or your name, include a link to your site, if you can.
15. THE WORST: Not Understanding Link Popularity.- LINKING IS THE WHOLE THING FOR GOOGLE. You must know also that linking is the most important work you can do on SEO. Period. Remember that links are like “votes”, if you have a lot of QUALITY sites “voting” for your page then you will be a celebrity on the internet. Some years ago, a school project was created only to define a website worthiness, just by finding the quality and quantity of the sites that were linked to it; and that, my friend, was the way how Google was created. Today, they still looking basically for the same. Don’t forget this one.
Improving your search engine web marketing (engine optimization search seo) is not a difficult task, you just need to keep learning, practicing and testing.
If you want to be a Master on web search engine optimization (seo), apply TODAY all the tips you have learned in this writing, and keep focused. Remember: Play To Win! Never Retreat. Never Surrender.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is a set of optimization strategies and techniques for websites, blogs and web pages with the aim of improving organic positioning in search engines such as Google by generating traffic and digital authority.