Hobbies for Single Moms
- September 23, 2022
Some days, being a single mom can seem like a monumental task. Having no one to share the midnight feedings, packing of lunches, and endless questions with can feel so lonely. And with so much to do, it’s easy to feel like there’s no time for yourself. However, it’s extremely important that you make yourself a priority as well. Getting a hobby is an excellent start. Luckily, there are hobbies for everyone! Following are a few suggestions of hobbies to consider.
1. Needlework. This is an oldie, but a goodie. Knitting, crochet, spinning yarn, embroidery, cross stitch – the list goes on. All of these hobbies can be learned with online tutorials if you don’t know anyone who does them, and most require very little money. The most expensive one here to get started with is spinning yarn, and still, a decent beginning spinning wheel can be found for under 200 dollars. For knitting, crochet, embroidery or cross stitch, a trip to your local craft store or department store and twenty dollars will get you all the materials you need.
2. Exercise. This one has several benefits. In addition to taking up some time in a constructive way and being a stress reliever in a difficult time, it also is good for your health and depending on what kind of exercise you do, you may also make new friends or possible romantic connections. Join an exercise class or a hiking group, or work out at home on a treadmill, exercise bike, or with workout DVD’s. Seeing you work out also sets a great example for your children about taking care of their bodies.
3. Writing. Creative expression can be a great hobby, even more so if you’re having a hard time with a divorce and being on your own with a child and need a way to get your feelings out. Whether it’s keeping a journal, trying your hand at fiction, or writing research based scholarly articles, writing keeps the mind going and provides good and free entertainment for yourself. As a side note, if you want you can even build up a little income stream on the side from it, selling your writing on platforms like Amazon.com or PubIt. You can also join a writing group, either in your community or online to meet other like minded people.
4. Reading. A library card is free and books can be a great escape for single moms. In addition to entertainment, you can also find books on just about any topic to keep yourself informed and learn about new things.
You may never have dreamed of yourself as a single parent, or you may have designed it that way, but still have a hard time now that it’s a reality. In any event, while parenting alone can be challenging, there are also rewards. Make sure you treat yourself kindly and take care of you – not just your kids.
Source by Kathy Gleason
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- YouTube Backlink Service: Benefits and Risks March 10, 2023
- The Best Ways to Link Out to External Resources for Maximum SEO Benefits February 9, 2023
- what is the Keyphrase? December 16, 2022