Publishing Your Non-Fiction Book
- September 23, 2022
You’ve written your brilliant non-fiction book and now want everyone to read it, so what can you do to get it published? If you are willing to do a lot of work yourself then you may opt to self-publish. When you self publish you must be prepared to spend some money yourself and the outlay may be high, but income from selling the books can be high too if you can sell lots. In order to so this you have to learn about marketing which is as important as knowing how to publish the book.
1.You become the publisher, so give yourself a name and an ISBN number from nielsenbookdata, 10 numbers cost just over £100
2. Register details of the book with nielsonbookdata
3. Get your book edited and proof read. You could find someone to do this on elance.com
4. Get the layout and cover design, you can find people to do this on elance.com
5 Find a printer and get quoted for print on demand and bulk copies.
6. If the book is published in the UK you have to deposit copies of it in UK National libraries
Package for Self publishing
Another way to self publish is to buy a package for self publishing: cost to you high; income can be fair if you sell lots for example with authorhouse.com
Print on Demand:
Cost to you: not very high; income fair for example: lulu, or lightningsource
The package may include editing and proof reading, layout and cover design and some, but not much, publicity
Get Published by Conventional publisher:
Cost to you low; income to you low: Status high!
How can you find a publisher?
- From an agent
- From Writers’ Year Book
- Direct to Publisher
Approach agent or publisher with a: Book Proposal
So there you have your various options. You could self-publish -> sell lots -> approach a publisher again.
How to Market/publicise your book:
4. Friends family
6. Amazon: all books with ISBN get listed. They have a scheme ‘Advantage scheme’ used to be free now there is a fee: they ask you to send books to them so they can send out straight away.
7. Website: Easy to set up a free web site with a name related to your book, you or the people you want to buy your book. Use WordPress or Blogger.
You can put ‘posts’ which are entries updated frequently or ‘pages’ which can have static information about you and your book. You can put links to Amazon on it to your book. Biggest challenges: Marketing; Getting into bookshops; getting people to your web site; income from books!
Source by Susan Kersley
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- YouTube Backlink Service: Benefits and Risks March 10, 2023
- The Best Ways to Link Out to External Resources for Maximum SEO Benefits February 9, 2023
- what is the Keyphrase? December 16, 2022