Repetition Is the Mother and Father of All Learning!
September 23, 2022
Repetition, Repetition, Repetition— that’s how your mother and dad talk you to tie your shoes, make your bed, and many other life skills before you were five years old. Why do we forget such basic principles of learning. Maybe we think we are smarter now, but if you look closely you will find that most learning has not changed much. Repetition is the key to learning.
Success is very similar. Success is takes repetition to really learn how to consistently arrive at it. Sure, some success comes by happen chance, but I believe this type of success is few and far between. Consistent success demands repetition of a few basic principles learned and done well. They are steps that need to be repeatable as you venture toward accomplishment.
Here are some repeatable steps that success usually follows:
1) Written Goals– It is a proven fact that written goals have a minimum 50% higher success rate than non-written goals. Write them down and you will raise you chances significantly. Think– Write and Raise!!
2) List the known Obstacles— You will face difficulties, expect them. Develop a plan of how you will overcome them before you even start. Others will surely surface along the way, but you will have a tremendous jumpstart already.
3) Develop a Plan of Action— Nothing will happen unless you take needed action. Success takes sweat equity to reap the rewards.
4) Set Timetable for Completion— If you do not have a known target date for completion, apathy and lethargy will creep in to derail your momentum. Timelines will help you keep on track
5) Rewards you will Reap— If you do not see the value of this accomplishment for you and/or others, why have it as goal to attain. The goal has to have some rewards for you to go through this process. Is the pain worth the gain?– hopefully it will be.
If you will REPEAT these 5 steps over and over again– you will succeed from this little learning session. You can succeed, and you will succeed because I believe you are a fast learner of Repetition!!
“Repetition needs to be a repeatable process successfully Learned”.