Robot Framework Training – Introduction and Elucidation
- September 23, 2022
- SEO Service Provider
Robot Framework is a generic automation framework for acceptance of test driven development and acceptance testing. Robot Framework Testing follows keyword driven testing approach by using tabular test data syntax. The tabular test data syntax is easy to use and can be learned by simply checking out RFTraining Videos.
Robot Framework is independent of the operating system and application. It is an open source software that is released under Apache License 2.0 and the libraries and tools that it uses in the ecosystem also are open source.
This framework was initially developed by Nokia Networks and currently it is sponsored by RF Foundation.
The internet is flooded with several Online Robot Framework Training Tutorials following which one can use this framework as easily as possible.
Some important characteristics regarding RF:
· It facilitates simple to use tabular syntax to create t-cases in a uniform way.
· It generates easy to read result reports as well as logs in HTML format.
· It has the ability to create reusable higher level keywords from existing keywords.
· It is independent of application and platform.
· It provides a simple and user friendly library API to create customized test libraries that can be implemented natively with either Java or Python.
· Its modular architecture supports creation of tests for applications with several diverse interfaces.
· It offers simple command line interface and XML based output files for integration into the existing build infrastructure.
· It supports creation of data driven t-cases.
· The setup it provides is t-case and test-suite level.
· It provides tagging for categorizing and selecting test cases that are to be executed.
· It has built in support for variables to enable testing in different environments.
· It offers support for selenium for web testing, running processes, Java GUI testing, SSH, Telnet, etc.
RF follows keyword driven testing. What is keyword driven testing?
Keyword driven testing, also called table driven testing are the notions that are widely applied to application independent automation. The tester has to develop the data table using keywords that are independent of the test automation framework or any other tool used to run them for that reason.
Advantages of RF:
· Supports test editors line Vim, TextMate, Emacs
· Supports Swing, WebTesting, Windows, SWT, databases, GUIs, Telnet, SSH, etc
· Detailed logs
· Separate test data editor
· Simpler tabular syntax
· Remote test libraries and other plugins for Jenkins/Hudson, Maven, Ant, etc
· Generic test libraries
· Clear reports
· Data driven test cases
Robot framework is so versatile that it let’s you perform command line, web and GUI testing with ease. Other interfaces can be tested by using self-developed libraries.One can use án operating system along with SSH library for command-line testing. By using operating system one can set up as well as configure the working environment, manage files and system processes.
Source by Jessy Grace
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- YouTube Backlink Service: Benefits and Risks March 10, 2023
- The Best Ways to Link Out to External Resources for Maximum SEO Benefits February 9, 2023
- what is the Keyphrase? December 16, 2022