What Is The Difference Between Web Development And Web Design?
- September 23, 2022
- SEO Service Provider
Anyone who has a computer and browses the internet will be familiar with the term ‘website’ and what it means, but many of these people are unfamiliar with the process of bringing these sites to life. It actually involves two different processes that must work hand-in-hand in order to create the websites that we know and love today. These processes are known as web development and web design. But what are the differences between these two processes?
Many people wrongly assume that web development and web design are referring to the same thing but, by removing the word ‘web’, you can begin to see how these two areas differ.
- Web development involves the creation of the code that generates the websites that we see in our browsers. It also involves the creation of the interactive parts of the site, such as links to other pages, contact forms and pop ups.
- Design involves the visuals of the website. This includes the graphics (colour, logos, images, font, and so on) and the layout (navigation, headers, footers, and so on).
There are even more factors that set web development and design apart, one of which is the experience and skills and required to complete each of these processes. Often, people working in both areas will complete tertiary education, but they study very different things.
- Web designers will hone their artistic and creative skills, as well as learning how to use the various tools and software that is used to create websites (such as Photoshop). They may also learn some basic coding.
As you can see, both web development and web design focus on very different areas of creating a website, but people skilled in both areas are needed if the site is to ever go live. Because of the level of skill required to write and read code, development is often viewed as being the more difficult of the two areas, but this is more a matter of opinion than anything. The next time you hear someone saying that web development and design are the same thing, you will be able to easily explain the difference.
Source by Deepak Sachdeva
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- YouTube Backlink Service: Benefits and Risks March 10, 2023
- The Best Ways to Link Out to External Resources for Maximum SEO Benefits February 9, 2023
- what is the Keyphrase? December 16, 2022